EQUIP women for Local Government in NSW | Online Program :: Monday Evenings 19 + 26 Oct and 2 + 9 Nov 2020
Join this FREE online program to INSPIRE + EQUIP more women to run for local government elections in NSW
Across NSW women support their communities through good and bad times. From running school P&C’s, local sports competitions and community campaigns to co-ordinating drought and bushfire relief for neighbours and local businesses. These leadership skills are highly transferable to local government where your skills can help your entire community.
Have you ever considered running for public office? Local Council is a great place to start!
- Are you concerned with local decisions relating to environment, sustainability, residential development, funding for local initiatives and more?
- Do you know of a Councillor who will retire soon and are unsure who may replace them?
- Do you believe your local Council can be improved with your skills and influence?
Across the country, NSW is the state with the least amount of female Councillors. We need more women at the table where decisions are being made.
The Women for Election Australia online EQUIP Program is highly practical and provides women with the key knowledge, tools, and techniques to enable them to run for office, be the best candidate they can be or assist another woman with her political campaign.
This program consists of 4 webinars, over 4 weeks. Each session will be 1.5 hours in duration. You will need: a computer, access to reliable wifi, a headset and a ‘get elected’ attitude.
Secure your spot now… limited to only 20 people.
Days: Monday Evenings
Dates: 19 + 26 Oct and 2 + 9 Nov
Time: 7.00 – 8.30 pm
Connect with Licia on LinkedIn
Author, Trainer & Coach
- Introductions, understand your obligations as a candidate, the role of councillor & know why you want to run.
- Plan your campaign, Part 1: Understand the time & financial commitment, building your team & develop your Game Plan.
- Plan your campaign, Part 2: Develop your communication plan, fundraising, media & using technology to reach voters.
- The Pointy End – the last 6 weeks: Meeting deadlines, election publicity, election day and what comes next.
A partnership between the NSW Government and Women for Election Australia.
Sign up for this oline program now. Limited to only 20 people. We look forward to helping you get elected.
2000 by 2022
If you’re already aware of the great work we do at WFEA, please share this event with friends, colleagues and family members who might be interested in attending this event.
If you want to support WFEA deliver courses and support women seeking a place in public office, please make a donation.