GET EQUIPPED WITH THE SKILLS TO RUN FOR OFFICE
The Women for Election EQUIP program is Australia’s first non-partisan, online political campaign workshop. It is designed to provide in-depth, practical training for female candidates and female campaign managers in advance of Local, State and/or Federal elections in a cross-party environment.
What is covered in the program?
At EQUIP, each woman develops a clear election strategy and plan for the forthcoming election and practices and receives feedback on core campaign skills in a workshop environment, including:
- Campaign Planning and management for either Local, State or Federal elections
- Budgeting and Fundraising
- Engaging with the community, canvassing skills, developing campaign collateral
- Public speaking, media and social media skills
- Legal duties and responsibilities of Public Officials
- Managing difficult people
- Personal wellbeing and resilience
Who should participate in the EQUIP program?
- Women who have an immediate interest in becoming more politically involved – as a campaigner, candidate or campaign manager – and who may consider putting themselves forward for election in the future
- Women with leadership potential outside of politics – in business, trade unions, or the community and voluntary sector – who seek to influence politics or may consider politics as a future avenue in their career
SAVE YOUR PLACE IN EQUIP
FELLOWSHIPS The Women Leading Locally program is an exciting initiative of the Victorian Government delivered by the Institute of Community Directors Australia in …
Sign up for our newsletter for upcoming In Conversation events.